On February 17, 2017, at the National Association of Secretaries of State’s (NASS) annual winter conference, the Democracy Fund facilitated a panel discussion about the pressing need to bolster voter confidence in light of the intense scrutiny during 2016. “Promoting Voter Trust and Confidence in Elections” was a general session where panelists discussed ways election officials could boost voter confidence in our elections. Panelists included Colorado’s Republican Secretary of State, election experts, researchers and voter advocates. After discussing the results of surveys and evaluations, including a poll commissioned by the Democracy Fund, panelists took questions from the audience, which was comprised of state election officials, their aides, and invited guests from various stakeholder groups.
- Hon. Wayne Williams, Colorado Secretary of State
- Mr. David Becker, Executive Director, Center for Election Innovation and Research
- Ms. Rosalind Gold, Sr. Director of Policy, Research and Advocacy, NALEO Educational Fund
- Hon. Miles Rapoport, Senior Practice Fellow, Ash Center for Democratic Governance & Innovation, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard
- Mr. Samidh Chakrabarti, Product Manager for Civic Engagement, Facebook
- Ms. Rebecca Mark, Vice President, Porter Novelli
Related Research: Election Security and the 2016 Voter Experience (poll and infographic)